fbpx Picture a Swan while you Glidewalk | Gokhale Method Institute

Picture a Swan while you Glidewalk

Kea
Kea's picture
6 years 2 months ago
Picture a Swan while you Glidewalk

I am recovering from an L5 S1 herniation that gave me sciatica. The injury was 6 months ago, and I have been working with “8 Steps to a Pain Free Back” for 3 months now. I think the book is fantastic and it has been the basis of my self-directed recovery.

I started working on my Glidewalking quite a bit over the last 2-3 weeks. Esther has many wonderful and helpful images that help you get the ideal positions fixed in your mind. I have had an inspiration over Glidewalking that works for me, and I’d like to share it: Glidewalk Like a Swan.

Picture a swan on a lake. Her head is poised regally at the top of her neck. Look at the lady on page 33, at the start of the Stretch sitting chapter! Your neck will be gently elongated.

The water breaks on the swan’s breast as she paddles; your shoulders are positioned towards the back and your chest is expanded- pushing against the air like the swan’s breast.

All the swan above water is relaxed and calm. Your body above the legs is also held still and erect with a J shaped spine.

But beneath the water, her legs are doing all the work. As in Glidewalking, the upper body is “floating” along on the powerhouse of your legs, propelled by that gluteal pack, but in the relaxed phase the leg moves gently through the water.

I “bodyscan” as I Glidewalk, checking my head posture, rib anchor, buttocks, heel, etc as I go, and I find that the image of the serene swan with the powerful paddle really helps me get in the groove. I hope this may help others, and would welcome any comments.

2 days 4 hours ago

I love this visualisation, Kea! Thank you so much for sharing it.

James L
James L's picture
3 years 12 months ago

Thanks for the amazing update and that is really informative and effective as well. The people who are looking for the solution to their pain can get them expert suggestions easily. Thumbs up and do share ninjaessays.com review updates for the public benefit.

noah centineo
noah centineo's picture
3 years 3 months ago

Another useful piece of information comes from your post, and here's what I want to share with you hoping it will be of help. easy how to draw