fbpx Screws,cages, cement, and plates | Gokhale Method Institute

Screws,cages, cement, and plates

Becky S
Becky S's picture
2 years 2 months ago
Screws,cages, cement, and plates

I have a friend who has some serious back problems.  I don't think the Gokhale Method can help her, but I want to ask since I don't know enough to actually say.   In her cervical spine, she a plate with 6 screws from C5-7.  I think these discs are also fused.  T-12 is filled with cement.  She has a plate with 6 screws from L3 - L5.  She has an impingement at L-4, 5, and S-1.   She has a cage that goes from L 2or 3 to S-1.  She has a screw from each side of the cage to the pelvic bones.

I'm imagining you will say that she would need to talk with a practitioner.  We live in OKC which is a GM practitioner desert.  If there's a chance GM could help her, would it be sufficient for her to talk to someone over the internet?

1 day 17 hours ago

Hello, Becky.

The plates and fusions will alter your friends approach to the techniques we teach. We take everything about the student into consideration instead of forcing anything they cannot do. Anything that fights against the metal in her back is only going to worsen her pain and discomfort.

Meeting with a teacher will definitely be the best solution. An online initial consultation is best if an in-person one is not possible. It will require persistance and patience, but The Gokhale Method has helped people in every sort of musculo-skeletal condition. 

Here is the link to book.Find a time that works and reach out to our team. 

https://gokhalemethod.com/online_offerings_ic

Becky S
Becky S's picture
2 years 2 months ago

Thanks,  Eric.  I will let her know.  I think she'll be glad for this kind of help as she has already endured a lot of persistence and patience with procedures and surgeries.