fbpx Gokhale book in Dutch available soon? | Gokhale Method Institute

Gokhale book in Dutch available soon?

Bjornv
Bjornv's picture
3 years 1 month ago
Gokhale book in Dutch available soon?

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine recently borrowed his book of the Gokhale method and after only reading 10 pages, I was quite curious about the rest. The only thing that bothers me is that the book is not available in Dutch. I know that Belgium and The Netherlands aren't really big countries, but a great method like this should be translated in Dutch aswell, no? 

I understand most of the English words and sentences, but I want to follow every step carefully and make sure that I do the right thing. So my question now is: Will there be a Dutch translation of this book in the future? 

Kind Regards,

Björn

Jacob K.
Jacob K.'s picture
2 years 5 months ago

Transferred to sub forum 8-Steps Feedback

Hi Björn,

Thanks for reaching out. The team eventually wants to translate 8 Steps to a Pain Free Back into all languages. However, as of right now, we do not have a timeline / plan for translating to Dutch. 

We apologize for any frusteration or inconvenience that this may cause.

Best,

Jacob

Aletta Karsies ...
Aletta Karsies van Eeden's picture
1 month 1 week ago

Hello,

I am dutch but live in Switzerland. I have recently done the elements course in german with Julie Johnson and have started to work on translating the book (70 pages done so far). I started this for my aunt who has back problems but does not understand English or German very well, and also notice that going through the text so thoroughly increases my own understanding as well :-). I would like to contribute my efforts for an 'official' translated version of the book, could be via a 'print on demand' service maybe as the demand may initially not be high enough to have it published normally. Please let me know who I should get in touch with to discuss this further.

Jonas Müller's picture
6 min 55 sec ago

Hello Aletta,

I am happy to hear that working on the book helped your understanding.

At Pendo Press (the publisher of Esther's book) we are working with different publishers worldwide to offer the book in several different languages (see https://shop.gokhalemethod.com/products/8-steps for an overview).

Our agreements with foreign publishers usually are, that they translate the book (or work with a translator to translate it) and can then publish it in that language.

So if you know any Dutch publishers that would want to take on the Dutch translation of Esther's book we'd be happy if they would reach out to us so that we can discuss getting the book translated to Dutch. They can reach us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Jonas Müller
Pendo Press
Gokhale Method Enterprise