fbpx stretchsit cushion and difficulty "grabbing" | Gokhale Method Institute

stretchsit cushion and difficulty "grabbing"

derek
derek's picture
13 years 3 months ago
stretchsit cushion and difficulty "grabbing"
Hi,

I've been using the stretchsit cushion for a week and am having a bit of trouble with it.  As a previous poster said, with certain clothes, it can be difficult to catch onto the nubs.  However, what I am finding, is that even in clothes that catch onto the nubs I am having difficulty.  Basically, the shirt catches on the cushion, but my back just slides down, leaving the shirt bunched up but no longer stretching my back.  Is there a technique that might work better for me?  I've tried tucking shirts in, etc., but no luck.

Thanks!
Derek
Maya
Maya's picture
5 years 10 months ago
Hi Derek,

Most people find that they are still able to get a stretch even with clothes that are thicker than just a shirt (such as a sweater). It's okay if you slide down some and don't retain a maximal stretch - in fact, you don't want to overstretch; it's better to get just a gentle sustained stretch. However, some people like really feeling hooked on securely, and accomplish that in their cars by lifting the shirt some just in the back so that they are actually catching their flesh onto the nubs directly.

Maya