fbpx Stretchsitting in Planes | Gokhale Method Institute

Stretchsitting in Planes

piyer
piyer's picture
14 years 6 months ago
Stretchsitting in Planes
I would like to if folks have tried streactsitting in a Plane (economy seat !!)
I would like to know how .
nagle
nagle's picture
15 years 3 weeks ago
Plane seats are tricky for me. I've found the following things helpful:

* using the blankets and pillows they give to fill in the gaps to the pieces of curvature in the plane seat that feel off

* using a wedge (via one of the blankets or pillows) on the seat of the chair to make the seat neutral relative to the ground (I found normally the seat slopes opposite of the way recommended for stacksitting -- promoting a pelvic tuck. So filling out the seat so its parallel to the ground can make for a better chair.)

* I think last time I was in a plane I alternated stretchsitting -- pushing off of the arms -- with stacksitting and found that to be an ok, but not great way, to last through the ride.

You could try purchasing a StretchSit cushion too -- that should make it much easier!
Founder
16 hours 1 min ago
I am back from seven weekends of travel and can give a well-tested response to this question. On two flights I checked in my Stretchsit cushion and sorely regretted it. Most airlines these days don't give you blankets; if they have blankets, they are small and difficult to fashion a useful support from. On my flight to Boulder on Frontier Airlines (which I have to say win a prize for poorly designed fetal seats) I had a headache by the time I arrived. And on the other flight without my cushion I paced the walkways a great deal. The Stretchsit cushion is awesome if I say so myself. I had no trouble flying to NYC and Ann Arbor from SF. The only tricky thing is to not forget it on the plane...