fbpx Stretchsit cushion | Gokhale Method Institute

Stretchsit cushion

Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Stretchsit cushion
Dear Esther,

Your cushion came in the mail a few days ago.  I used it in my Honda Odyssey for lots of ten minute trips last week.  My back feels great with it, but my neck was uncomfortable.  I tried adjusting the incline of the seat.  I'm 5'7" and 120 lbs and rather slender, and I could feel my shoulder blades pushing against the side of the cushion.  I'm pretty close to the steering wheel, and my shoulders are down and back.

Do you have any tips for this circumstance?  I plan on using the cushion in the passenger seat (it felt good last night in a car trip) and in the house with my sofa, but if I could somehow make it work for driving, that would be great, as I have a four hour car trip coming up after Independence Day where I am the sole driver.

Lemontree
Founder
19 hours 57 min ago
Glad to hear you like your cushion. For your Honda Odyssey (I have the same car, btw) try putting it down a little further so the cushion isn't in the way of your shoulder blades. It's fine if the cushion reaches into your lumbar area - a little support there that doesn't exaggerate lumbar curvature doesn't hurt and may even feel comfortable.

Happy trip!