fbpx Any recommendations for nice dress shoes that are also everyday walking shoes? | Gokhale Method Institute

Any recommendations for nice dress shoes that are also everyday walking shoes?

criscarile
criscarile's picture
6 years 3 months ago
Any recommendations for nice dress shoes that are also everyday walking shoes?

Hello,

I've gone through all the questions and comments in the "Shoes" topic, and I haven't found an answer to what I am looking for.  Most suggestions point to sporty/athletic style shoes which I have no interest in due to the ugly factor where they don't pair well with dresses.  Any recommendations for nice (business) dress AND casual dress shoes that can also be everyday wear / walking shoes?

Thanks in advance.

Sophie Rubin
Sophie Rubin's picture
7 years 2 months ago

This question is quite old, and I think the options have improved considerably even in the past few years. Some companies that are trying to fill the ergonomic-but-sleek niche include Clarks, Born, Naturalizer, Cobb Hill, Naot Footwear, Ecco and Arche. Even Merrell and Dansko have the occasional non-clunky oxford. It's a difficult question because what constitutes "nice dress" in California and New York can be quite different. Also, these companies offer so many different styles of shoes. Inevitably, some are better than others. 

Here are some rules of thumb: keep your eye out for good arch support, a wide toebox, and a low (or no) heel. 

Happy walking!