fbpx The best shoe that goes with Esther's method | Gokhale Method Institute

The best shoe that goes with Esther's method

demons
demons's picture
13 years 1 month ago
The best shoe that goes with Esther's method
Dear Esther What is the best shoe that goes with your method. That is can you please recommend some brands because it is so difficult to do it myself. Thanks
Founder
15 hours 31 min ago
There isn't a brand that is great across the board. I've seen good shoes in the following brands: Fit-Flopp, Chaco, Keen, Naot, various sneaker brands, Reef,...Of course, this depends on your feet as well. Sorry I don't have a clear answer.
demons
demons's picture
13 years 1 month ago
Do you know the model names of the shoes you mentioned that have a kidney shape.

Thanks
Founder
15 hours 31 min ago
Very partial list: Naot Matai, all Chaco, there is drift within Keen models so cannot say, still exploring FitFlopp, all Reef (not ideal in the arch support, but pretty good, especially if you don't have much inner arch to begin with.) I haven't seen an ideal shoe yet, but by adding arch supports you can make a lot of them work.
demons
demons's picture
13 years 1 month ago
Dear Esther,

Any other brands you have found since your LAST POST.

tHANKS
Doede
Doede's picture
6 months 1 week ago

Even though it's been a few years since this post, I'm hoping my question gets noticed. I am wondering about Earth Shoes, since they seem to put the emphasis on heel walking with smaller heel, and more height in the front of the shoe. Seems like glide walking would be great with those.  Any opinion on them?  Thank you!

margaret haight
margaret haight's picture
Teacher
2 years 2 months ago

Hi Doede,

Esther mentioned the Earth shoe "negative heel" on the forum here:

http://gokhalemethod.com/forums/products-implements-stuff-%E2%80%93-navigating-material-world-through-lens-gokhale-method/shoes/573

There may be more info on Earth Shoes in the "shoes" forum. If I unearth anything further I'll get back to you.

Thank you for the question! 

Best,  Margaret Haight

margaret haight
margaret haight's picture
Teacher
2 years 2 months ago

Doede,

Here Esther discusses Earth shoes more fully:

http://gokhalemethod.com/forums/products-implements-stuff-%E2%80%93-navigating-material-world-through-lens-gokhale-method/shoes/475

Best,  Margaret Haight