fbpx looking for a good office chair | Gokhale Method Institute

looking for a good office chair

tex
tex's picture
14 years 8 months ago
looking for a good office chair
I'm looking for a new office/computer chair and was wondering if there are any on
the market that would be an aid in stacksitting.  I've just read that chapter in your book and thought it would be neat to find a chair that allowed one to achieve an anteverted pelvis without using a wedge.  The current chair that I have actually allows one to tilt the seat down at about a 30 degree angle from back to front.  Would that be something to consider doing instead of adding a wedge to a flat seat? When I keep the chair back straight at 90 degrees to the floor and tilt the seat down also, this feels pretty good to me. I'm not sure if it is producing the desired pelvic tilt however.

I'm also intrigued about your thoughts on the saddle chair mentioned in the forum.  That looks like it might be an excellent way to achieve anteversion of the pelvis.  Thanks for any suggestions on a chair purchase. 
Founder
31 min 6 sec ago
Your chair sounds like it does a good thing in letting you tilt the seat downwards. What brand and model is it?

The Saddle chair that I have liked best so far is pricey. It's called Niels Diffrient's Freedom Saddle Seat and is available at Design Within Reach. I haven't checked out the Selli yet.
tex
tex's picture
14 years 8 months ago
I bought my chair from anthro years ago, but they still have a similar basic model
http://www.anthro.com/Adetailpage.aspx?matnbr=901BK

Not a lot of whistles and bells but the chair seat does tilt forward.