fbpx How often should I do the exercises from the book? | Gokhale Method Institute

How often should I do the exercises from the book?

gfirf
gfirf's picture
3 years 1 month ago
How often should I do the exercises from the book?

Hellosmiley!

I am 19 years old and at the moment there is practically no physical activity. I really want to add exercise to everyday life. Can I do the exercises from the book every day?? Or is it better to let the muscles recover? How often should I stretch? 

Thanks,

Paul

3 days 10 hours ago

Hi Paul:

Have you taken the foundations or elements course? If not, I would highly suggest taking it as you are at a perfect age to imprint the Gokhale principles in your life and in an exercise regime. 

I am seeing young people your age headed for real problems because of no formal posture training, cell phones, computers, poor furniture, etc. 

That said, yes, you could do the exercises in the book daily as they are relatively gentle but the form needs to be perfect, thus taking some form of the Gokhale Method is highly recommended. 

Good for you for wanting to begin exercising and this is a great place to start as it involves posture which is so important these days. Kids in their 20's are having disc and nerve problems, unheard of ten/twenty years ago. 

As far as stretching, form again is imperative and there are great stretches in the book, you can do those daily as well. 

Kind regards, Kathleen King