fbpx Need opinions | Gokhale Method Institute

Need opinions

grifgeor
grifgeor's picture
4 years 2 months ago
Need opinions

Hi Everybody,

I am from Mississauga. I am here to know your opinions on visiting a naturopath for curing depression.

I have been suffering from depression for many months. My best friend's tragic death has put me in a trauma. There were days that I can't even cry out my feelings. I was feeling completely empty. I was neither happy nor sad. I was just empty. My friend was my soulmate and I am really sad. I knew that my family and my loved ones want to see me happy. My mother goes to church everyday and I have started going with her. It has given me some peace and hope. But my friend's memories are still sickening me even I tried to forget everything. Now I am feeling to get escaped from my depressed feelings.

I need a break from everything and want a peaceful and happy life. My friends are telling me to try any holistic treatment. And they suggested me to do naturopathy treatment. I have searched online and found a naturopath clinic in Mississauga. But I want to know opinions about their services. Had anyone with depression had approached here for naturopathy treatment and got expected results? Did you get relief from depression? Is naturopathy a good choice for curing depression. Please do let me know your opinions and answers.

Thanks!

rbenbow
rbenbow's picture
5 months 4 weeks ago

My deepest condolences for the loss off your friend.
I suggest you contact the naturalpath you found to learn directly from them how they would address depression. My understanding is that it would be through herbs, but they may offer other methods too.

If you are looking to address depression holistically I would suggest you look into the following:

In addition to being a Gokhale Method teacher I am also a Certified CranioSacral Therapist. CranioSacral Therapy (CST) can very profoundly address depression  because it works with both the body and psychological/emotional traumas that are stored in the body. If you do choose to find a CST practitioner, find one who has trained  with the Upledger Institute and taken classes up through SomatoEmotional Release II, and the more classes beyond that the better. You can find a CST practitioner in your area through Upledger.com

Reiki can be extremely helpful with depression, and it helped me out of clinical depression after my Grandmother passed. You can also be attuned to be able to do Reiki on yourself for a daily Reiki practice.

Accupuncture can also be very good.

Self help techniques you might want to explore are Tapping (or EFT-Emotionally Freedom Technique), getting into nature as much as possible, eating well, meditation, and connect with supportive family and friends as much as possible.

I wish you the best on your path of healing.

Kind regards,

Rachel