fbpx Lumbar behavior | Gokhale Method Institute

Lumbar behavior

aslak
aslak's picture
6 years 3 months ago
Lumbar behavior

My lumbar spine is not acting good. When I palpate the processes in the back, they've sometimes turned inch-tall and sometimes just a knob is there. And often two of them are knobs and three of them are inch-tall. What is happening in my spine? (The inch-tall part appears to come from above the knob as if the 'spinal process' is tilting posteriorly.)

Other than that, the spinal erectors won't relax. Is there a way to release them for good? I don't have a chair for stretchsitting, but I do it minimally while riding a bus against the chair. The stretchlying on my back: I don't quite feel any stretch happening. Like I'm only pulling bone or ligament. Severly tucked pelvis I guess. I'm stuck on the first exercise in the appendix of the book.

Alejandro Macias
Alejandro Macias's picture
4 years 5 months ago

Hi there :)

Vertebral deviations where spinal processes appear to be out place can be due to many reasons; accidents, scoliosis, general poor posture, etc. The key to re-align your vertebrae is to create length and learn how to hold your newly re-shaped spine ;)

To relax your long spinal muscles we use a combination of simple but powerful techniques, being stretch-sitting one of our very best. However, I have seen over and over, in every single one of my workshops, the need for hands on guidance to learn stretch-sitting or lying, and most of what we teach too, needs a lilttle help.

I would really encourage to attend a Free Workshop, and you'll then learn how to stretch-lay and many other great tips to start your journey to a pain free life ;)