fbpx tilted pelvis concern | Gokhale Method Institute

tilted pelvis concern

ea1160
ea1160's picture
9 years 8 months ago
tilted pelvis concern

Hi name is Lizzy and I am 30 years old. I am one week into learning the Gokhale method. I want to thank you Esther for writing this book and being brave and overcoming your pain instead of excepting it. That is how I am. I have been battling pain since high school and I refuse to give up. I am so happy I found this method!

So my question: Will my tilted pelvis and extra back curvature prevent me from completely conquering this technique? 

I am a runner and was born with a tilted pelvis and a little extra curvature in my back. The pilted pelvis causes my right leg to be slighly longer than my left leg. I have been seeing a chiropractor for 22 years to help manage this problem. The chiropractor helps some, but I still have knee pain espcially when I run and when I go down steps or inclines. I have had knee pain for about 10 years. (I ran compettively in high school and college but had to give up racing due to foot and knee injuries. I Now do yoga, pilates, and swing dance to stay active and only run once a week- knee willing.)

Anyways, all that said, I have been implementing what I have learned by reading your 8-step book for only a week. It has helped trimendously with lower back pain, sholder, neck, and wrist pain. The knee is still bothering me but obviously I have only been trying this for a week. Now that I am more aware I feel the knee pain has very much to do with tight hip and IT band muscles. Any suggestions in regards to my titled pelvis would be very helpful!

Warm Regards,

Lizzy 

Founder
8 hours 5 sec ago

Hi Lizzy, Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Keep it going! Regarding your tilted pelvis: I've seen many people whose tilted pelvis turned out to be caused by a postural distortion - I hope you discover that to be true for you too! Clearly any asymmetry you have is very particular to you, - I recommend you seek out one of our expert teachers to help you figure this out. It's especially difficult to figure out your own asymmetries - they feel normal!