fbpx "8 MORE Steps?" without my back muscles tingling... | Gokhale Method Institute

"8 MORE Steps?" without my back muscles tingling...

ndisalvatore
ndisalvatore's picture
11 years 9 months ago
"8 MORE Steps?" without my back muscles tingling...

My basic problem is this: It's not so much that I need to know how to "sit," or to "stand," or to "hinge," or to "walk"--though I certainly DO need to re-learn these things. But my daily living involves sitting down TO READ A BOOK, standing to BURP MY BABY, hinging down TO SCOOP DOGFOOD FOR FRAZIE, walking with SOMETHING IN MY ARMS, etc. In other words, I feel like I need either (a) another 8 Steps book that teaches me all the tecniques as applied to (as opposed to as abstracted from) the day-to-day tasks that are killing our backs; or (b) a video of Esther from sun up to sun down doing zillions of things, and walking us through how she does them all. (Regarding the latter: there's a great video out there that shows Esther breast-feeding and putting her child on her back. This is VERY helpful to me, since my wife just delivered and we are struggling to feed/hold/burp the baby. But I feel like I want more footage. Follow Esther around the whole day! Does anyone know of anything like that?)

Many thanks,

Nick, whose back tingles no matter what he does!

charlenehannibal
charlenehannibal's picture
Teacher
3 years 1 month ago

Hi Nick, 

Have you taken our Gokhale Method Foundations course?  I ask, because after you graduate we invite students to become a member of our Alumni Association.  This consists of 3 high definition videos per month of Esther (and sometimes myself) doing exactly the things you are asking about.  We have videos on many many different subjects, for example, Cooking with good posture, How to Modify a Yoga class, How to sit in many different types of chairs, etc.  Esther also does two online q and a sessions per month where you can ask her any question regarding posture that you'd like.  You can sign up on our website for $299 if you have taken GMF.  If not, I suggest you try and find a class in your area (hopefully there is one coming soon) or visit us in the Bay Area where we have ongoing classes and you can go from there.

Great questions and great ideas!

Very best, 

Charlene Hannibal

Gokhale Method Teacher, Palo Alto and San Francisco