fbpx StretchSit Cushion Nubs | Gokhale Method Institute

StretchSit Cushion Nubs

KEvans
KEvans's picture
3 years 3 months ago
StretchSit Cushion Nubs

I took Esther's course in April 2010 and purchased a StretchSit cushion there. After about 90 days of use, two of the nubs had come off, and I received another cushion in its place.  I have been very careful not to rub against the cushion when adjusting it to my back (placing it just below my shoulder blades) but now 3 of the nubs on the left side of the cushion have come off. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I saved the nubs and foam rubber that was behind the nubs; could they be somehow reattached?

Founder
13 hours 32 min ago

Hi there,

We have run into this problem with a few people who have the habit of sitting down in such a way they catch the nubs on their descent in to the chair. We're working on a version that will withstand even that degree of stress but we are not there yet.

Wish we had a better answer for you. We replace the cushion once explaining this issue. Clearly we cannot keep doing that. You may just have to settle for either waiting for the new version or using the current cushion with a couple of nubs removed (you only really need 1-2 rows of nubs to get the functionality). The nubs can't be sewn back.

Sorry we don't have a better solution yet. The challenge is getting the nubs soft enough to be comfortable but strong enough to not tear. We're there for most people. We're working on getting there for all of you! Thanks for your patience.

KEvans
KEvans's picture
3 years 3 months ago

Thanks, Esther.  I am looking forward to obtaining one of the new and improved cushions when they come out.  You don't have to reply to this, but what about a fully molded piece of rubber that incorporates the nubs, so they are part of the cushion, instead of the nubs being separate sewn-on parts? Just a thought.  I do enjoy using the cushion and it still works somewhat in spite of some of the nubs being gone.