fbpx Crunching Sound With Shoulder Roll | Gokhale Method Institute

Crunching Sound With Shoulder Roll

kkolode
kkolode's picture
10 years 8 months ago
Crunching Sound With Shoulder Roll

Hi,

From the first time I did it, and still whenever I do the shoulder roll, there's a crunching sound and feeling in or around my scapula (in the back in the shoulder blade area).  What causes that?  Is that bad?

kkolode
kkolode's picture
10 years 8 months ago

Hi, in case anyone is checking this, I'm still getting that crunch - been getting it for months.  Might it mean a particular muscle is tight somewhere?  If any one knows - or also has this issue -  please do let me know.  Thanks so much!

Bipolar Pancake
Bipolar Pancake's picture
10 years 10 months ago

Hi, I also get a crunch/pop when doing the shoulder rolls. I find the it happens more when I am sitting, then when I am standing.
I also have times where a series of crunching/popping happens as I rotate the joint back.
I am not too worried about it though, in the two months since I found the book, my back/neck/shoulder pain have subsided drastically, so I figure I'm doing everything right.

Founder
15 min 14 sec ago

Depending on the current architecture of shoulder joint, you may have a bunch of tendons having to cross each other and bone to get to their new,improved position. As long as there is no pain, don't worry about it! Over time, your baseline architecture will approach the end-point and there will be less noise. In the mean time, be sure you aren't over-doing shoudler rolls (like every 10 seconds) - your friends will think something is wrong with you (!) and you may develop some inflammation with too much friction of tissues moving relative to each other.