fbpx Please create a resource for short people! | Gokhale Method Institute

Please create a resource for short people!

CerebrallyYours
CerebrallyYours's picture
3 years 5 months ago
Please create a resource for short people!

I'm an alum who did the GMF course a couple of years ago in the Midwest. After a Skype session with Kathleen and an online workshop with Esther I just travelled away from home for 2 weeks and between all the chairs on airplanes, buses, cars, and trains as well as in restaurants and people's homes and I'm back but in real distress! I brought 2 stretchsit cusions on the plane, wedges, etc. but could not get anything to work, pain levels are not quite at my pre-Gokhale level but definitely wondering if I need to take narcotics to get work done. Seriously wondering if some of these things just can't be managed for those of us under 5 foot 4 (i'm 5 feet tall and have a hard time even with the furniture I was able to afford for my home). Legs don't feel grounded even with a footrest, pain has returned and it feels like radiating pain, not muscle pain, but I can't seem to get my back muscles to relax either. This heavily indebted student would really come up with the money for a book/DVD/long video of Gokhale Method for short people, demonstrated by a teacher who is no taller than 5 foot 3. I want to see how someone like me can healthfully manage airplane seats, bus seats, theater seats, campus desks, dining room and kitchen chairs, car seats, patio furniture, where not only are they uilt for bad posture but for people who are a foot taller than us. My femur is shorter than the seat pan of a car, for example. And the difference is relevant for stretchlying as well, because the pillows are much bigger relative to short legs and some of the instructions don't work right. So far most of the wonderful Gokhale teachers I've seen in the videos and in person are pretty tall, the right height for the furniture. Please consider putting something together for the rest of us, it would really help.

phizzy54
phizzy54's picture
7 years 6 months ago

Yes please. I, too, am vertically challenged. At 5'2" I am trying to find a chair to stretchsit, however, my feet rarely touch the floor so I am mostly stack sitting. There must be a solution, though I have yet to find it. Please create a resource for short people. I would be happy to be a guinea pig if you need to do some short person research.