fbpx Stacksit Wedge | Gokhale Method Institute

Stacksit Wedge

simon341
simon341's picture
13 years 5 months ago
Stacksit Wedge
It's been a yeatr since I first got the eight steps book, and I feel like I have made tremendous progress. I think that at times I've been paralyzed by overanalysis, but theres always more time to make improvement. With regards to stacksitting, I was wondering whether Esther or Maya had any idea of when the wedge would be released. I've been having trouble finding an approprtiate substitute and am looking forward to having something pre-made.
Maya
Maya's picture
5 years 10 months ago
Hi Simon,

I'm glad you've had so much improvement. We don't have a date for the wedge release. Part of the reason why its development has been postponed is because there are some existing products that work well as a wedge. The small duo pillow at this site has worked well for many of my students: http://originalbuckwheatpillows.com/OBP_e/Store_Millet.htm] . Also, the Stretchsit cushion folded over, with the nubs in and the folded side closer to the front of the body, can work well as a wedge - I always bring my Stretchsit cushion travelling and use it as intended on the plane and as a wedge in poorly design airport seats.

Maya
simon341
simon341's picture
13 years 5 months ago
Would one just use the small duo pillow folded over?
Maya
Maya's picture
5 years 10 months ago
No, it has buckwheat and millet filling, so you can just bunch it up however you like it - make it as sloped as you need.
aviva
aviva's picture
19 hours 20 min ago
Hi Maya - I am interested in getting the small duo bed pillow you mention to support stack sitting.  My question is - do you specifically recommend that product which is 50% buckwheat and 50% millet and is 14 x 11?  Or is their "buckeroo" pillow an equally good option?  It's on the same web page, is 14 x 10 instead of 14 x 11, is  100% buckwheat (no millet) , and has colored covers.  Any other tips you can give to support comfortable stack sitting would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Maya
Maya's picture
5 years 10 months ago
100% buckwheat is great, but it looks like the buckeroo pillow you mentioned is all millet. I like buckwheat better than millet. There is a 100% buckwheat hull travel pillow on the site too that is 16 x 11 - it's bigger but if you want all buckwheat, that should be fine.