fbpx hip pain while glidewalking | Gokhale Method Institute

hip pain while glidewalking

Serena
Serena's picture
11 years 7 months ago
hip pain while glidewalking
Hi Esther, I have being doing glidewalking for a few weeks, but lately I am experiencing pain in my left hip (the hip socket), my left gluteus medium is really tight and occasionaly, my toes (especially my big toe) get numb. Any suggestions on what could be the issue? Thank you for your help. Regards Serena
Founder
11 hours 51 min ago
This is hard to diagnose from your description, but there is definitely something wrong. Back off on whatever you are doing and start from scratch. Are you tightening your gluteus medius excessively? Did you ramp up on using this perhaps previously unused muscle too quickly? Is your pelvis well-positioned? Consider getting acupuncture to relax your glutes and start building them up slowly. My only students I worry after are the super-conscientious ones. Lazy is good in moderation!
Serena
Serena's picture
11 years 7 months ago
Thank you Esther, I admit I tend to over-do things! I will back up for a while and trying relax the gluteus: I am pretty sure I am sqeezing it a little too much. Regards Serena
Serena
Serena's picture
11 years 7 months ago
Hi Esther, sorry to bother you again about this hip issue, but I think I have somehow pinched a nerve. My left hip, the external muscle in my thigh and my calf are quite sore and my leg and top of the foot get numb. I am assuming I have been walking with either my pelvis or my leg not well positioned. What can I do to relieve the pain? thank you Serena
Founder
11 hours 51 min ago
Ouch! You definitely want to consult an expert. It would be irresponsible for me to advise you over the forum...this could be coming from your back, from anywhere along your sciatic nerve distribution,...good luck figuring it out quickly.
Serena
Serena's picture
11 years 7 months ago
That's what I thought, I will contact my physio asap. thank you Serena
Founder
11 hours 51 min ago
Good luck and please keep us posted.