Primal PostureTM for a pain-free life
The Gokhale Method uses primal posture and
movement to help you re-establish your body's structural
integrity and regain a pain-free life.
You have a right to a pain-free back, neck, hips, knees, feet...
We are marvelously designed creatures. We have inherent grace and strength, like every other creature on the planet. Our bodies heal spontaneously, and if we respect our natural design, we can function well for close to a century.
The Gokhale Method addresses the root cause of muscle and joint pain.
Most pain can be attributed to how we hold ourselves and how we move. Since we aren't born with a user’s manual, we rely on our culture to guide us.
About a century ago, our culture took a wrong turn.
As a result, in the United States:
- 90% of adults experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- This year, 50% of working Americans will experience back pain.
- Back pain is now the leading cause of disability in people under 45 years old.
- By age 15, more than 60% of all adolescents have experienced back and/or neck pain.
We have lost sight of what constitutes healthy posture; in fact, many popular guidelines for “good posture” are just plain wrong.
We can re-learn what we once knew:
- Our ancestors knew how to move without pain.
- Babies know how to move without pain.
- Some cultures still know how to move without pain.