fbpx Feels like I pulled a rib muscle stretchsitting | Gokhale Method Institute

Feels like I pulled a rib muscle stretchsitting

desertdebbie
desertdebbie's picture
1 year 4 months ago
Feels like I pulled a rib muscle stretchsitting

I have been looking for a while for some basic postural instruction to address a variety of misalignments, especially on the left side of my body.  I found out about the Gokhale Method from Dr. Joseph Mercola's newsletter, and I have the book on loan from the library.  I feel very excited about it.

Since starting stretchsitting, I have been experiencing pain on my left side, middle back, going around from the back to the front of my rib cage.  It can also be aggravated through stretchlying.  I am a side sleeper (haven't gotten that far in the book) but I have to use a pillow now to support my rib cage and arm when sleeping to lessen the rib pain, which flares up in that position.  Most of the day I don't feel it.  Did I just overdo it?  Should I continue to do stretchsitting and lying, or lay off for a while?  Is this normal?

2amysmith's picture
Teacher
2 days 23 hours ago

Hello Debbie:

Thank you for your post and that is great about the referral from Dr. Mercola.  As Esther says:  "too much of a good thing" is probably what happened.  Ease off a bit and I think your intuition was correct about over doing it.

Best,

-amy smith