fbpx How long should you do each lesson? | Gokhale Method Institute

How long should you do each lesson?

amit_kumar@live.se's picture
10 years 2 months ago
How long should you do each lesson?

Hi!

I am reading the book "8 steps to a pain-frre back" and doing the first lesson. How long should i do each lesson each day?
It is written that you should spend 15 to 45 minutes on each lesson. Does that mean I repeat lesson 1 for 15 to 45 minutes? The book also says that you should do one lesson each week. So i do lesson 1 for 15 to 45 for one week?

And i dont have a chair that is so small, I only got chairs where the backrest is high as my shoulders, does that work equally good for me or can I just skip step 5, lesson 1 in the book (attach your mid-back to the backrest)?

Thanks.

Norm Brekke
Norm Brekke's picture
Teacher
6 years 3 months ago

We trust that you are continuing to progress with your grasp of the concepts in "8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back." Your goal for each lesson should be to build skills that help you realize substantial postural improvement, and to continue building on these skills in subsequent lessons. In this way you will begin a lifelong journey of easing pain and discomfort. Rather than focusing on a specific time requirement, strive for continual improvement and mastery without overdoing it at any point.

Attaching your mid-back to the backrest is essential in achieving the healthy stretch that stretchsitting provides. Esther's stretchsit cushion helps to improve a variety of bad chairs and make them useful for stretchsitting. Pages 49-51 of her book demonstrate how to use this cushion, and other ways that you can fashion a backrest using household materials.

Norm Brekke, Gokhale Methods Teacher -- Minneapolis, MN