fbpx Natural latex mattress | Gokhale Method Institute

Natural latex mattress

Dee
Dee's picture
1 year 3 months ago
Natural latex mattress

A year ago I purchased a natural latex firm mattress. I'm not happy with it. It's already dipping in the middle under my hips, even tho I rotate it every 3 months. I'm only 106 pounds, so it's not like I'm denting the thing in! Now my left leg and both arms go tingly and numb when I sleep. I start out stretchlying, but it still happens. Any suggestions?

charlenehannibal
charlenehannibal's picture
Teacher
3 years 1 month ago

Dee,

I'm sorry for your frustration with your mattress! We generally suggest a medium firm mattress with a high spring count to alleviate such sagging that can happen with latex or foam mattresses.  I don't want to say you have to get a new mattress, but if you are stretchlying to the best of your ability and you are still sinking and going numb, then it might be what is needed.  Softer mattresses are more forgiving and useful for Stretchlying on the side rather than Stretchlying on the back, since they can fill in the curves of the waist, neck, knees and ankles fairly well.  On the back we tend to just sink where we are heaviest. 

Stay tuned for our August 2012 Newsletter, Positive Stance, which will be all about beds!  You can sign up here:

https://egwellness.com/civicrm/profile/create?gid=38&reset=1

Good luck to you!

Warmly,

Charlene Hannibal

Gokhale Method Teacher, Palo Alto and San Francisco