fbpx After 9 months of exercising & stretching, bladder prolapse almost gone | Gokhale Method Institute

After 9 months of exercising & stretching, bladder prolapse almost gone

Brenda Peter
Brenda Peter's picture
10 years 4 months ago
After 9 months of exercising & stretching, bladder prolapse almost gone

Just a note of encouragement to those of you struggling with prolapse.  I had a rectocele as well as a 2nd degree bladder prolapse & couldn't go for more than 2 days without a pessary.  Now I'm at the point that the rectocele is gone & I don't remember the last time I wore my pessary.

About 9 months ago, I started walking a minimum of a mile a day.  I also did stretches (hamstring mostly) form the "Down There" dvd by Katy Bowman over at Aligned & Well.  It wasn't until recently that I was really walking & standing in proper alignment.  For 3 nights I went to sleep in the stretch-lying position & woke up one morning with my pelvis in the proper position finally!  I've found the stretch-sitting positon & shoulder rolls to be so helpful.  I think I was sitting with a swayed back for a very long time.  I've taken Esther's book out of the library about 4 times (!!).  The photos have been key for me to understand proper alignment.  I've also found Esther's YouTube videos to be extremely informative & helpful.

Hopefully my experience will will provide encouragment & support for some of you.

All the best,

Brenda