fbpx Babies: Baby carrying | Gokhale Method Institute

Babies: Baby carrying

Mom_3boys
Mom_3boys's picture
3 years 12 months ago
Babies: Baby carrying

Hi Esther,

I'm a big fan of yours and attended Maya's class back in Vermont last fall.  I also attended a course online that you gave entitled "How to Carry Your Baby Best."

Well, it turns out I am pregnant (again, baby #4, I shudder to think!), and so would very much like to see your techniques again about how to wrap that cloth so that you can carry a baby on your back.  Will you be giving the online course again, or is there a video link of this somewhere?

Thanks,
Connie 

Founder
13 hours 12 min ago
Congratulations! No videolink, but we will definitely offer this one again. Fortunately, you have quite a lot of lead time to get prepared - we'll have an online seminar before your babe is here.
samuel
samuel's picture
2 years 5 days ago

I found an Instructable that gives step-by-step instructions for carrying a baby on one's back, "African Style" (also turns out to be Taiwanese-style, according to my mother, and from the comments, many other places in the world).

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-carry-your-baby-African-style/

You will need to create a free Instructables account in order to view the useful comments from the author of the Instructable (e.g. a pointer on leg alignment).

Ching
Ching's picture
12 years 1 month ago

Dear Esther,

I read your book on 8 steps to pain free back becuase I had a slip disk operation few years ago and even though it has recovered, I still get some nagging back ache which the doctor said is unavoidable.  Your methods were really wonderful and helpful and I seldom have any of such aches any more.  As I reside in Asia and not in the US, I could not attend any of your practical courses and spent about half a year pouring through your book and practising your methods.  I was quite determined to get them right and I still refer to the book regularly - you know, old habits die hard.  Just yesterday, I was reminded of "shoulder roll" in standing tall, how forgetful of myself!  Now I have a baby, and she is 3 months old, really lovely girl but getting heavier too, now at 7kg.  I am starting to feel pressure and some aching on my back as I carry her due to her weight.  I really hope you could share with me your expert advise how I could carry my baby.  Thanks so much.