fbpx What happens when I forget to hold my posture | Gokhale Method Institute

What happens when I forget to hold my posture

atotic
atotic's picture
6 years 7 months ago
What happens when I forget to hold my posture

This is what happens when I remember to hold my posture in the middle of kid's birthday.

I've been working on it since I took my class in 2011. Got the Gokhale chair, and the head cushions.

Back pain is gone for good, but that primal posture is still a work in progress. This year, I've learned how to do a head slide dance move, and discovered I can only do it when my back is straight. So now I do a lot of head slides while in my chair.

Thanks for showing me the way,

Aleks

PS: I do not see the images I've attached :-(

Jonas Müller's picture
3 days 22 hours ago

Hi Aleks,

thanks for making us aware of the glitch that your images were not visible. We found the error and corrected it.

I am glad to hear, that your posture journey continues. If you feel, that you are in need of a refresher, you can always come back to take one of our continung education lessons.

Best,

Jonas
Gokhale Method Institute

Teacher
18 hours 23 min ago

Hello Aleks,

That is a great correction you have made with your head position. I find people particularly benefit from doing a daily drill to help them transition something like the neck slide to the next level. Start with what is already working well for you, doing the head-up-and-back slide while sitting. If this is stretchsitting with a backrest, then do that a few times to get it established then immediately translate the movement into a stacksitting position, while the muscle memory is clear. Then try taking it forward Hiphingeing from sitting. Then standing. Here you might find a head cushion/weight like Jonas is sporting (thank you Jonas!) helpful .Performing the Inner Corset while standing may also encourage your neck to lengthen up more. A Refresher class would be a great idea. Good luck.