fbpx Inversion tables | Gokhale Method Institute

Inversion tables

mbenzo
mbenzo's picture
3 years 9 months ago
Inversion tables

I had been considering purchasing an inversion table to strech my spine before someone told me about your book and I started reading it. My question is, if an inversion table really does strech your spine - does it do it in the way that would achieve the alignment you describe as ideal?

dw
dw's picture
1 year 10 months ago

I have purchased an inversion table and started to use it for a couple of days. It feels good, like a deep stretch, especially in my upper back and neck. However I stopped using it because I am afraid it will aggravate the low back pain crisis that I am currently experiencing. I would love to hear Mrs. Gokhale's impression about inversion tables, and how this relates to the Gokhale method. Thank you.

Petlover272002
Petlover272002's picture
6 years 9 months ago

I already had my inversion table when I discovered the Gokhale Method and got the book and cushion. I still use the inversion table and have the same question about whether it helps or not to promote correct posture.  At least, my condition has not deteriorated since I have been using the table, but I would love to improve.

drdantru
drdantru's picture
9 years 4 months ago

I have degenerative disc disease at L3 and 4. A moderate budge into spinal canal and some foraminal narrowing. I often (daily) get lower back stiffness pain and occasional sciatica. I have tried yoga with some help but not a cure. I am just starting to read and try Dr Gokhale's methods.  I have tried an inversion table and seems to help so I bought one. I only do 80 degrees for 2 minutes or so, don't want to make worse. It really does seem to help but again doesn't cure, just help. I think good for certain issues. If you get a table make sure you start slow, don't go all the way inverted, 60 degrees or so, whatever is comfortable. Slowly work up. I too would like to hear Dr. Gokhale's opinion on inversion tables as well.