fbpx Knee Pain | Gokhale Method Institute

Knee Pain

Kassi
Kassi's picture
10 years 7 months ago
Knee Pain

Hello everybody!

So I first starting using the Gokhale Method about a year ago, and the results were amazing. I strained my back badly when I was younger, and I thought I was stuck with back pain and related problems for life.

Now, I'm nineteen, and most of the issues have resolved themselves. However, there's still one problem area...my right knee is slightly out of alignment with my ankle and foot, so that I have to turn the foot outward to a 45 degree angle to achieve healthy alignment. It is considerably weaker than my left knee/leg, and is often painful after dancing, running, or doing balancing exercises. It even hurts my hips after I've been using it long enough.

I'm pretty sure this is genetic, since most of the adults on my mother's side walk with their right foot out, and my grandmother has even had to have surgery because of complications related to it. Surgery isn't a real option because of my financial situation. Is there anything I can do to correct this before it gets worse?

Thanks!

Kassi

Founder
11 hours 31 min ago

Your challenge may well be genetic, but sometimes things that seem genetic are really a matter of us mimicking our elders. Even if it is genetic, there may be a posture fix or assist. Kdiney bean shaping the foot can do remarkable things for leg alignment. It's not possible for me to know how to advise you without seeing you. I recommend seeking out one of our teachers. We're very affordable and can often provide a missign piece in the puzzle.