fbpx pain after relaxation | Gokhale Method Institute

pain after relaxation

kijkwoud
kijkwoud's picture
1 month 2 weeks ago
pain after relaxation

Hello Esther,

A few months ago I bought your book and tucking my pelvis and using my inner corset helps with a lot of things I do during the day. But I have a question. The pain in my lower back and hips and buttocks comes after relaxation. When I wake up at night or in the morning when I get up, I cannot sit or walk straight up. There is a sharp pain in my lower back, hips and buttocks. I have to hiphinge to get the pressure/weight of my lower back. After a little while and some moving, the pain leaves and during the day my back feels ok. When I have to stand still for a little while I feel the same pain coming on.

Do you have any suggestions for me? I am already doing the side stretchlying when I sleep.

Thank you for your time and sharing your method.

Karin (Netherlands)

Sophie Rubin
Sophie Rubin's picture
7 years 2 months ago

Hi Karin!

If you are indeed tucking your pelvis, that may be where your pain comes from. Your bum should be out behind you, to create a "J" shaped spine. 

We definitely recommend not continuing to do anything that hurts. If you think you're relaxing and then you're in pain, it's a good indicator that you're relaxing in a way that enflames joints or fascia or both. Without more detail, it's not possible to address why you might be in pain when you wake up, but we do have some teachers in Northern Europe. I would look here to find the nearest teacher and contact him/her to set up a personal consultation. http://gokhalemethod.com/class_locations