fbpx Best chair for those who sit all day but not at a desk job? | Gokhale Method Institute

Best chair for those who sit all day but not at a desk job?

beach babies
beach babies's picture
9 years 10 months ago
Best chair for those who sit all day but not at a desk job?

'Hi there,

I'm a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist with a private practice. I often see 5-7 clients in a row in 50 minute sessions back to back. I have 10 minutes in between sessions to move about and do a little stretching, but I'm realizing that as my practice grows, I need to invest in a good chair that will be comfortable for so much sitting. I have herniated disks in my low back and have been using the GM for a while, but I still find that when I sit in my current office chair, I don't feel so good when the day is over.

I looked at the chair you sell on this site, but it won;t work for my needs because I need something a little more "stylish" and without wheels, not a desk chair. Any reccomendations for a comfy chair that also looks nice? Cost is not really an issue, I'm willing to spend what I need to in order to get something I can use in comfort for years to come.

Thanks!

Founder
3 min 9 sec ago

I wish I could help you! I created my chair because I got tired of telling people how to modify their chairs to make them work reasonably. You could begin with a chair whose style you like and add the right cushions to make it work for stretchsitting and stacksitting. But that might compromise the style! We do sell our chair in custom fabrics and even leather if that would make a difference to you. Perhaps we could even constuct something specially for you - call the office if this interests you so we can set the wheel in motion. We are interested in creating the type of chair you are describing.