fbpx How long does it take to feel relief? | Gokhale Method Institute

How long does it take to feel relief?

akutty
akutty's picture
7 years 3 months ago
How long does it take to feel relief?

I have been having back pain and piraformis pain for the past three years, and started practicing the Gokhale postures a few weeks ago. Of all the relief methods I've tried (PT, injections, medications) I feel most positive about the Gokhale method. I was just wondering what the average time was to feel relief, for all the patients out there who've experienced chronic aches and pains?

cnelson
cnelson's picture
7 years 1 month ago

Thank you for posting on the Gokhale Method forum.  Please note this post has been moved to "Conditions and Progress Reports" -> "Back Conditions."  

Happy posting!

- Admin

Alejandro Macias
Alejandro Macias's picture
4 years 5 months ago

Hi there! :)

My name is Alejandro and I am a GM teacher.

This is a very common question among students of the Gokhale Method. It really all depends on several factors: what specific part of your body you are working on, how conciouss you are of your posture as you practice, whether or not you have the guidance of a trained teacher.. and some other things. The answer will vary a lot.

Our students experience great benefits when they take our Foundations Course, and some even see chronic pain (decades of pain even) disipate over-night. What is common is to experience a more progressive diminishing of pain and discomfort. This occurs as your tight muscles unravel, your spine lengthens, and you learn to arrange yourself differently in space ;)

I hihgly recommend that you contact your nearest GM instructor, come to a Free Workshop, and I really encourage to take our Foundations Course.

:)

Alejandro