fbpx Tingling in Leg | Gokhale Method Institute

Tingling in Leg

mnastav
mnastav's picture
7 years 2 months ago
Tingling in Leg

I have a history of L5-S1 anterolisthesis, grade 1.  I have recently begun using the methods taught in the 8 Steps book. 

There is less stiffness and spasm pain in my back, however, I have started having periods of tingling down the outside of my leg and foot.  It feels similar to when your foot falls asleep, but milder. 

Should I be worried, and what would you recommend for this?

Thank you!

-Morgan

Founder
1 hour 23 min ago

A listhesis, antero- or retro-, even if it's a Grade 1, is a serious matter you should be seeing a physician about. If you are going to follow our program, I would definitley recommend that you work with a qualified Gokhale Method teacher in conjunction with being followed by a physician. You do not have the leeway in your spine to risk learning the techniques anything less than perfectly (or close). And any new pain or numbness / tingling, as well as any exacerbation of pain or numbness / tingling is a clear sign you are either doing something incorreclty, or that that particular technique is not appropriate for you at this juncture. Changing kinesthetic patterns is not a trivial endeavor - get help!