fbpx Primal posture and chiropractors - how do they mesh? | Gokhale Method Institute

Primal posture and chiropractors - how do they mesh?

kylesullivan
kylesullivan's picture
9 years 6 months ago
Primal posture and chiropractors - how do they mesh?

I have, for the last several months, been working on becoming in touch with my Primal posture. I have worked on lengthening my spine and embracing pelvic antiversion with what I perceived to be some success.

I visited a chiropractor which embraces the ideal angle relationships between the base of the skull (C1 i think) and the rest of the cervical spine, as well as the lumbo thoracic spine curvature. He took X-rays and we went over them and I appear to be at a great risk due to my very straight C-spine and the anglular relationship.

According to the x-ray analysis program, i have potentially severely diminished neurologic function. 

So in my mind I am now quite confused and concerned. I am trying to seek optimal health and expression of my body and would appreciate any thoughts you can give me on interpreting this data
Founder
11 hours 59 min ago

I've seen many people be accused of having "military neck" and then be subjected to some pretty vigorous adjustments to put curve back in the neck. Before doing this, I would definitely recommend consulting a regular physician who can give you a second opinion on your XRays. I often find that people with "too straight necks" are symptom-free and fine judging by primal posture standards. On the other hand, sometimes, after an injury, the body protects itself by stiffening into the best postural alignment available and the cause and effect are not correclty recognized and, in fact, reversed. The stiff neck is because of the problem, rather than the cause of it.