fbpx Duration of kidney feet "tension" | Gokhale Method Institute

Duration of kidney feet "tension"

kennypritchett
kennypritchett's picture
13 years 6 months ago
Duration of kidney feet "tension"

For the process involved with the "creation" of "kidney feet" -- especially in Tallstanding -- does one eventually release the "firmness" created in the feet, or does one hold that firmness all the time while standing?  For now, I'm holding that firmness and struggling with what I feel to be "too much ongoing lower body tension," as a result.  Thanks!

Founder
8 hours 46 min ago

It's fine to make an effort to get to an improved shape of some bodily part, but you don't want to hold on to that effort. In the case of kidney bean shaped feet, once you've gotten there, the floor will (sort of) hold it for you. Whatever the floor can't hold on to, let go. Shoes, especially if they are well-designed, also help support a healthy foot shape. Holding on to a "perfect' shape with ongoing muscular tension is counterproductive. You'll just make yourself sore and tense. The big exception to this rule is the rib anchor, and sometimes some degree of inner corset - the compression in the low back that happens for some people when letting go of these has too big a cost.

WilliaPool868
WilliaPool868's picture
11 years 8 months ago
I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. cafetiere nespresso