fbpx Tingling in thoracic area of back? | Gokhale Method Institute

Tingling in thoracic area of back?

sieren
sieren's picture
11 years 11 months ago
Tingling in thoracic area of back?

My husband and I have been working on the 8 steps book for a while now (me for several months, him for about a couple) and we have both expierienced some pain (achy) and tingling in the upper back area.  I really have been making a consious effort not to tense up my back muscles because I realize I "try too hard" and over do it sometimes, which I think might be causing this.  We both have some thoracic curvature in our spines.  Any advice?

charlenehannibal
charlenehannibal's picture
Teacher
3 years 1 month ago

I'm assuming you are feeling this pain when you are trying to do the inner corset.  This can happen sometimes when you are actively lengthening the spine--the Erector Spinae muscles can feel like they are pulling in the mid back where they attach.  This actually quite common for many of my students and usually dissipates as the attachments loosen with time.  I would continue to Stretchlie and Stretchsit along with your Inner Corset work.  A little massage or acupuncture could also be helpful to help ease your transition to a lengthened spine and longer E.S. muscles. 

I hope this is helpful to you.

Warmly,

Charlene Hannibal

Gokhale Method Teacher, Palo Alto and San Francisco